Starring Johnny Depp, Christina Ricci & Miranda Richardson
Here’s the Sleepy Hollow plot in full…
Freaky snack 1 :
It’s the dawn of living dead with these cute horror cupcakes! But I think they look a tad too cutsie for this film, whatcha think. Maybe leave off their little heads for a more authentic Sleepy Hollow version? They are Skeleton Cupcakes from Cookies & Cups.
Prepare your spine to be tingled! I’m not one for really scary movies but I totally love the brilliant combo of Johnny Depp and Tim Burton, so I couldn’t resist this film. Ok, now if you’re a little weak of stomach like me, then maybe give this one a miss. Don’t get me wrong, it’s awesome but really, really gruesome. There’s much decapitating going on and very scary headless horsemen stalking scenes. But then there’s the awesomely quirky Johnny Depp.
Danny Elfman has written some fabbo scary music to go with the typically dark atmosphere that Burton has made his career perfecting. The cast is fantastic, the production seamless and the horror… horrific enough for this wussy lady. With death, witchcraft and a small town in terror this makes the ideal film for Halloween but it’s really strictly adults-only! Way too scary for the little people.
Freaky snack 2:
How cool and kinda scary are these? Would you dare eat them? Hmmmm I’m thinking yes! But maybe not while I’m watching this film. Way too many heads rolled in this one. These are Stuffed Pizza Skulls from Make.
Sleepy Hollow trivia:
- Budget – $100 million
- Won the academy award for Best Art Direction.
- The horse Johnny Depp rode in this film was scheduled to be put down when the actor jumped in and adopted him. Awww.
- One of the actors (Casper Van Dien) broke his finger in the axe fight scene.
- 3 actors in this film also played Sith Lords in Star Wars: Ray Park (Darth Maul), Christopher Lee (Darth Tyrannus) and Ian McDiarmid (Darth Sidious). Coincidence? I think not!
- The whole town was built for the film in three months and some of the crew said it felt like they were walking in Burton’s brain.
- The last chase scene took an incredible 3 weeks to shoot.
- 3 actors were considered for the role of Ichabod Crane: Brad Pitt, Liam Neeson and Daniel Day-Lewis and Winona Ryder was offered the role of Katrina.
- A total of 18 (eeek) heads were chopped off in this film.
Freaky snack 3:
Cute and a little disturbing, these Zombie characters kinda go with this film, right? I’m not saying anymore because I’m not a gruesome kinda girl but you get the drift, don’t you? These Attack of the Zombie Marshmallows are brought to you by The Decorated Cookie.